Ultra Filtration (UF) has improved to the point that it can now be considered an effective alternative to conventional media filtration in many applications. In fact, if you have a well water that is deemed to be “under-the-influence-of-surface-water”, UF provides a physical barrier to the passage of virus and organisms that media filtration does not. Hungerford & Terry has partnered with Dow and is pleased to offer UF packages that utilize Dow’s pressurized hollow fiber, PVDF, UF membranes.
DOW™ Ultrafiltration Advantages
- Low fouling Hydrophilic Polyvinylidenefluoride (H-PVDF) membrane
- Excellent filtration performance with high flux
- Durable and break resistant double- walled fiber structure
- High chemical resistance and temperature tolerance for effective membrane cleaning
- Very fine nominal pore diameter (0.03 µm)
- High removal efficiency of bacteria and viruses
- Dead-end or concentrate bleed flow capabilities
- Outside-In flow configuration that allows for less plugging and higher solids loading, higher flow area and easier cleaning
- Can be periodically back washed and air scoured to improve performance and extend operating life by removing the fouling layer
- Simple, vertical, modular design allows low cost, compact systems
Ready-to-assemble DOW IntegraPac™ skids are pre-engineered — direct-connect ultrafiltration (UF) modules — that reduce material costs, lower freight costs and enable faster assembly.
This revolutionary UF solution dramatically simplifies the process of incorporating DOW Ultrafiltration technology into water treatment systems.