The Hungerford & Terry Permanganate Color Monitor Plus provides for the continuous monitoring of water treatment plant effluents that use potassium permanganate in the treatment system, such as the H&T GreensandPlus™ CR (continuous regeneration) process.
The color monitor continuously views a sample taken as a sidestream from the plant or filter effluent. Spectroscopic quality optical filters in the sight tube then identify, if present, the specific color for potassium permanganate.
A positive reading, indicating a faint pink color, will send an electrical signal to the control box which will then operate a relay that can be used to shut off the permanganate feed equipment or signal an alarm indicating an overfeed.
The monitor is extremely sensitive, being able to detect potassium permanganate at a minimum concentration of 0.125 ppm permanganate. This would be equivalent to a manganese concentration of approximately 0.05 ppm. The sensitivity of the monitor can be varied by use of an easily calibrated set point.
- Continuous monitoring
- Both sensitive and stable due to optical sensing
- Potassium permanganate specific — no interference from chlorine or other oxidants
- No chemicals or reagents required during operation
- Easy, economical installation
- Easy calibration and testing
- Easy maintenance with infrequent chemical cleaning— no disassembly required
- Low operating cost
- Adaptable to new or existing installations
- Sight tube: 30” long x 9” wide (max.)
- Wall-mounted control box: 10” x 10” x 6”
- Net shipping weight (2) cartons; 24 lbs and 35 lbs respectively
- Power Supply: 120 volts/60Hz, with 1.5 amp. Integral fuse (6’ long cord supplied)
- Double-pole double-throw contact rated 10 amp. at 120 VAC for external alarm and/or control circuit
- Signal lights in door include red “High”, amber “Detected” and green “Low” lights
- 10’ of connecting cables for 12 VDC from control box to sight tube
- Positive operating pressure of sight tube required, not exceeding 125 psig. (20 psig minimum required)
- Maximum remote location of control box: 300’
For additional information on this process please contact your local Hungerford & Terry representative; or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bill Owen at (856) 881-3200 ext. 273.